Looking for Overall Layout

Display several small images against a main product. Clicking these images swaps the main product image.
nikwak

Looking for Overall Layout

Post by nikwak »

New to this and just installed the add in but when I get to the part about adding the extra line after the <body....>. I can't find that but have found the following - is this where it is inserted?
</head>

<body onload="<actinic:variable name="OnLoadScript" value="PreloadImages" />">

<table width="720" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" align="center">
<tr>
<td class="bulk">
<actinic:variable name="HeaderArea" value="Basic Header Area" />

<a name="top"></a>

<div align="center">
<actinic:variable name="HeaderFooter" value="Header Text" />
</div>

<actinic:variable name="INNERLAYOUT" />

<div align="center">
<actinic:variable name="HeaderFooter" value="Footer Text" />
</div>

<actinic:variable name="FooterArea" value="Basic Footer Area" />

<actinic:variable name="ReferrerLink" />

</td>
</tr>
</table>

</body>
norman
Site Admin

Re: Looking for Overall Layout

Post by norman »

Hi,

You've found the right place. Put it after the line:

<body onload="<actinic:variable name="OnLoadScript" value="PreloadImages" />">
Norman
nikwak

Post by nikwak »

That's great - inserted that OK. Now getting this error message when trying to insert layout "Extra Image Layout"

Warning:Include_once(dpimagessupport.php):failed to open strteam. No such file or directory in main online 5. Warning:include_once(): Failed opening 'dpimagesupport.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\ṗhp5\ṗear') in main on line 5
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

This error is usually due to the very first step in the ReadMe "Unzip this Zipfile into your Site folder" not being done correctly.

Your "Site" folder is the one with ActinicCatalog.mdb in it and is often called "Site1".

Make sure that the file "dpimagessupport.php" is there and hasn't been renamed or altered by any paranoid anti-virus / firewall software you may have running.
Norman
nikwak

Post by nikwak »

Have checked all that - there is a file called dpimagesupport.php (without the extra 's' in the middle) could that be the problem?

Nick
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Does your error message refer to "dpimagessupport.php" (as per your earlier posting) or "dpimagesupport.php"?
Norman
nikwak

Post by nikwak »

sorry - I seem to have put an extra 's' in - it is dpimagesupport.php
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Hmmmm...

We seem to be back at my earlier post then. The file may have been unzipped into the wrong place.

Best tell me exactly where you've unzipped that file.
Norman
nikwak

Post by nikwak »

I have two folders in my program files - there is Actinic v8 and Actinic v9. The folder v9 doesn't contain a site folder but v8 does. When I open Actinic up I get all my stuff from the site folder which is in v8. Going by your instructions, I unzipped everything into that folder andcreated a new sub-folder called AutoScaledImages. I have no idea why the site folder is in v8 and not in v9 but it all seems to work ok. Could this be the problem?
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

In Actinic V9, the sites folder is usually within your My Documents folder. Probably something like My Documents\Actinic v9\Sites\Site1.

Locate that and re-unzip the files into there.

See http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=30219 for a discussion about this.
Norman
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

You'll have to create the "AutoScaledImages" folder in the correct place too.
Norman
nikwak

Post by nikwak »

Ok - solved that and now I get the images up on the screen but they are at the top left hand side of the actual product not under the photo where they should be. I have gone through and checked everything and it is as it should be, as far as I can tell. I have attached a screenshot of where the thumbs are

Nick
Attachments
photo showing where the thumbnails are
photo showing where the thumbnails are
act.jpg (106.4 KiB) Viewed 40006 times
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

I've no idea why that's happening. You've not told me which type of layout you're talking about (Product / Fragment / Extended Info, etc).

However earlier you said 'Now getting this error message when trying to insert layout "Extra Image Layout"' which implies that you're not using one of my supplied Multi Other Info layouts (2 are provided), but are trying to insert this into one of your own custom layouts.

Best try this using a test product; and for that product use one of the Multi Other Info Product Layouts supplied. When you see it working there, you can look at that layout for hints on how to get the same effect in your own layout.
Norman
nikwak

Post by nikwak »

That's great - thanks for all your help and sorry for being so thick!