Section Images

Issues to do with installing and configurating Norcat.
Marianna

Section Images

Post by Marianna »

Hi Norman

I have just used Norcat 4 and everything works fine, apart from the Section Images. I have named all the images correctly, (I used the SectionImages.txt that Norcat creates to name the images), however certain images are aren't where they are supposed to be.

E.g s_SNOW_ACCESSORIES-BACKPACK.jpg represents the Backpack in Accessories, but the same image will also show for the Fluid reservoir, even though annaother image is named s_SNOW_ACCESSORIES-FLUID_RESERVOIR.jpg I have renamed the images a few times and run Norcat several times however I still get the same result.

What can I do to fix this problem?

Kind Regards

Marianna
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Hi, Marianna

I didn't notice that you'd posted until this evening. Sorry.

Unfortunately, I've never come across this sort of behaviour before.

Would it be possible to put the T2T, Norcat and Actinic Site folders (and all their sub-folders) onto a CD (in 3 separate folders) and send it to me. There's probably too much stuff there to attempt to Zip up and email.
Norman
Marianna

Section Images

Post by Marianna »

Hi Norman

There is no need to apologise, I will put all 3 folders on a CD and send them to you asap.

Thanks for this

Kind Regards

Marianna
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Hi, Marianna

Thanks for the CD. I see what's happening now. You've not defined (in Norcat / Config / SectionImage/Default) an image to use for the cases where there's no specific image. If you leave this empty then Actinic uses the image from the parent section instead. The cure is to set this to an image that will be used as the default throughout. An invisible image is acceptable here.

As to the faulty s_SNOW_ACCESSORIES-FLUID_RESERVOIR.jpg (I presume you meant s_SNOW_ACCESSORIES-FLUID_RESERVOIR.gif). The file in PreviewHTML is actally called s_SNOW_ACCESSORIES-FLUID_RE.gif and won't match anything.

When I renamed this to be s_SNOW_ACCESSORIES-FLUID_RESERVOIR.gif the correct image showed as expected.

I've a feeling that Norcat requires the extension .jpg, .jpeg or .gif to be in lowercase. If you had upper case for the extension this may cause the image to be omitted.
Norman
Marianna

Post by Marianna »

Hi Norman

Thanks for this, for some reason Photoshop doesn't typein the full name of the section image, I think it is because it is too long, that is why Norcat wasn't picking it up. I have renamed the images in another package and it works fine..

Thanks once again...

Marianna