V7 cart product images

Miscellaneous Actinic / SellerDeck patches and anything not covered above.
patrick

V7 cart product images

Post by patrick »

Hi Norman

I finally got round to updating to V7 and altered all necessary files as per your excellent V7 cart image patches.

Problem = If you add a product to the cart at http://www.bonkers-standrews.co.uk/acatalog you'll see the resultant "stray html" that comes up.

I think the prob may lie in the fact that I imported V6 data and files into V7 then used the site upgrader to copy changes over to V7 files. I then made the V7 cart image code changes to all reqd files . I now realise it would have been better to use "virgin" files as previous code changes may be interfering etc.

Any ideas by looking at the results of the cart norman??

Regards
Patrick
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Hi Patrick,

I don't think you've patched the Product Templates exactly as per the new V7 instructions. Perhaps yopu left these to the upgrader. Here's the info from the V7 patch.

Code: Select all

##### In product template(s) (e.g. Act_ProductLine.html, Act_ProductLine2.html, Act_ProductLine3.html) 
##### and also any additional Act_...ProductLine... html templates that Contains NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTIMAGE
##### and likewise for any additional custom product templates in use.
#####
##### Hint. Use Windows / Find / Files or Folders to search Site1 (don't include subfolders) 
##### for Files Containing text NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTIMAGE
#####
##### In each such template look for the line:-

NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMBEGIN

##### Add the following immediately below it

<input type=hidden name="Image-NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE" value="NETQUOTEVAR:IMAGEFILE::CUSTOMVAR:CARTIMAGESTYLE::CUSTOMVAR:CARTIMAGESCALE::NETQUOTEVAR:IMAGEWIDTH::NETQUOTEVAR:IMAGEHEIGHT">
Note the double colon "::" between items - this is different from V6.

Norman
patrick

Post by patrick »

Tks Norman

I'll go over this once back in the office come Monday!

Patrick
patrick

V7 Cart images

Post by patrick »

Hi Norman

Double checked all product templates in particular the double colons and all checked out according to your code.

Went back and double checked the actual actinic changes re custom properties for image scale and style and all ok.

Act_OrderDetail.html - double checked and all OK (this file was exactly the same as V6 in terms of the lines being changed)

Act_ShoppingCartXML.html - Noticed a small? difference here as follows:

Where it says:-
##### Find the line

<TD WIDTH=280><SPAN CLASS="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME

My V7 has:-

<TD WIDTH=280><FONT FACE="ARIAL" SIZE="2">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME

-but I cant see how an html style command could affect it???.
-I replaced the above with:-

<TD WIDTH=280><FONT FACE="ARIAL" SIZE="2">NETQUOTEVAR:NORCATIMAGENETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME

(I've currently removed NETQUOTEVAR:NORCATIMAGE to prevent the "stray" html showing up in the cart)

Shoppingcart.pl - Double checked and all OK
ActinicOrder.pm - Double checked and all OK
Cart.pm - Double checked and all OK

I'm still not sure if there is any "left over" V6 code within any of the above that could be affecting this Norman as I'm not too familiar with Perl scripts etc.

Unless there is something obvious I could try in addition to the above, would it be worth sending you the above templates/files for closer examination and naturally paying you for your time etc?

Regards
Patrick
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

The only place that gets carried over from V6 are Product Templates and you've (now) patched these as they should be. When I looked before they weren't using the V7 way.

Are you sure you're using the V7 readme throughout?

Anyway V7 directly supports images in the search and cart but with a buglet in that you can't define just the width or height independently of the other.

This is fixed in 7.0.2 and I posted a temporary fix on the V7 forum a few hours ago to someone with the same aspect ratio problem as your site currently has.

So unless you really want your images scaled down rather than a fixed height or width I'd go with the V7 patch.

Norman