sendmail

Miscellaneous Actinic / SellerDeck patches and anything not covered above.
bekyed

sendmail

Post by bekyed »

Hi,

Our host cannot send mail from actinic developer 7, we have tried everything from localhost and this simply does not work.

Heres our hosts answer below.

Sendmail is already setup, what you need to do is modify your script to
use it. Now, if it is perl and the source is available to you, start
looking in the code, otherwise talk with the developer of the script.

How can we do this please?

Wayne.
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

My "Mail::Mailer" patch is for Actinic 6.

Since V7 supports Authenticated SMTP I'm not going to go to all the trouble of rewriting, testing and supporting it on V7 for free just because one or two V7 users have chosen to use an ISP without SMTP or Authenticated SMTP support. SMTP is a fundemental requirement for running Actinic after all.

As your ISP mentioned, you already have all the source so should be able to patch it yourself. Ask your ISP if the Perl module Mail::Mailer is available. If so then you should be able to use my V6 patch (with some slight mods).

If Mail::Mailer isn't available I believe that someone (on community.actinic.com - it may be on the V6 or V7 forum) has posted a patch to my patch that directly uses SendMail rather than going via the Perl module Mail::Mailer.

If you can't get either of these to work then you'll still have other options to try.

1) Use V7's Authenticated SMTP (in Network setup) to use and authenticate to an SMTP server on a different system that you have an account with.

2) Change ISP's to one who does have ASMTP.

3) Pay someone (me perhaps) to redo the patch to suit your ISP. However 2) might be cheaper.

Norman
Last edited by norman on Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Hi Norman,

No need,

We have tested your script and it works fine with V7

Thank you.
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Well done.

I've found that people usually put in the work as soon as the alternative looks like costing them something.

Norman