font change with product multi column

Miscellaneous Actinic / SellerDeck patches and anything not covered above.
mizz_s

font change with product multi column

Post by mizz_s »

I have managed to implement auto column scripts, which will make browsing the product far easier!

However, the products are now displayed using times new roman instead of veranda. I am using the 247 actinic layout. Is there a way of changing the font back to veranda?

cheers!
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

Wierd! That shouldn't happen. The existing fonts (presumably from actinic.css) should be used, assuming you're using a recent version of Actinic.

Alternatively are you using an old version; if so what is it?

Can you let me know the address of a multi column page on your site so I can take a look?
Norman

Post by Guest »

HI Norman

I havent uploaded it yet as I wanted to get the font issue sorted first - it looks a bit messy . :?
I am also putting the product descriptions into extended info so that there is just a name image quantity & add to cart displayed.

I can send you a couple of screen shots if that helps

I'm using V6
running windows xp professional
preveiwing in i.e.

In design options> site defaults I have three properites
ACTSDWIDTH - value 570
ACTSFONTFAMILY - value veranda,geneva,etc
NUMCOLS- value 3
I only get the font change on sections that I have used Actinic original product template for the product layout.

Also is there a way of making the price display below the image rather than to the right of it? If I put a <br> after this line in act_productline would that do it?
<td valign="TOP" align="CENTER"> NETQUOTEVAR:TEMPLATEBEGINXML NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTIMAGE </td>

thanks
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

It looks (but with no page to see I'm only guessing) that you're using an old non-CSS theme.

Could you please post the original Act_ProductLine.html. Or Act_ProductLine(n).html where (n) is 1,2,3,4. That way I can see what you had before.
Norman
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

I just looked at a 24x7 themed site and it seems to not use CSS. You'll have to edit the multi-column Act_ProductLine.html (or whatever you called it) and replace all

<span class="actregular">

with

<FONT FACE="CUSTOMVAR:ACTCSSFONTFAMILY" SIZE="+1">

and replace all

<span class="actxsmall">

with

<FONT FACE="CUSTOMVAR:ACTCSSFONTFAMILY" SIZE="-1">

and finally replace all

</span>

with

</FONT>

Also check Design / Options / Site Defaults / Properties and make sure that ACTCSSFONTFAMILY is Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif as there is no Veranda font - it should be Verdana.
Norman
norman
Site Admin

Post by norman »

As to moving the price display around. Yes you can move the

<br><b>NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE</b>

to just after NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTIMAGE but you may also need to surround it with

<FONT FACE="CUSTOMVAR:ACTCSSFONTFAMILY" SIZE="-1">

and

</FONT>

as there is no font set in the image cell.

E.g. use

<FONT FACE="CUSTOMVAR:ACTCSSFONTFAMILY" SIZE="-1"><br><b>NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE</b></FONT>
Norman

Post by Guest »

thanks norman

I have emailed you files & screenshots.

:)

Post by Guest »

norman wrote:
Also check Design / Options / Site Defaults / Properties and make sure that ACTCSSFONTFAMILY is Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif as there is no Veranda font - it should be Verdana.
"veranda" that was my bad typing :oops: the property value is Verdana etc.

Thank you again
I will make the changes and put it right.

Post by Guest »

Looks much better now cheers.

I also put the font tags around
netquotevar product description in act_productline.html.

thank you for your help and wisdom Norman :D